May 5, 2010

Kodomo no hi


I have a lot of work to do. A bit too much. And I get easily stressed. Last night I was thinking about sleeping in a tent in a forest and swimming. But I'm only thinking. Maybe because it felt and smelled like summer to me last night, crickets were chirping and the air was deep and still. I got a feeling that something is about to happen, like a thunder storm or something, but just another even warmer day started.

こどもの日, Kodomo no hi in Japan, childrens day. Greetings to dear little ones and even the ones I don't know. There are koinbori (fish flags) flying here for you.

I'll just try to keep on drawing and working.

15 comments:

  1. What a tender post. I mailed the tea towels to you today, they are on its way to Japan now. Should arrive in 6-10 days. Hope all is well...Yanyan

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo thanks yanyan! i'm looking forward to see them. all is very well, just busy and a bit stressed. happy childrens day to your son too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so nice to hear from you again, dear hanna. i'm looking forward to see your new drawings and photos

    have a nice nice day

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this post!!! what a beautiful photo! don't be stressed hanna, everything will be fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soon summer will come... Cant stop thinking about swimming either.. yesterday I eaven bought a swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So go on with your beautiful work...
    Things are not allways easy but you will succeed !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's all you can do; keep moving forwards. And breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhoi, kuulostaa kuin sadulta; sirkat vai onko ne nyt siis kaskaat soittavat yössä ja jotain jännittävää on odotettavissa.. olkoonkin sitten vaikka uusi lämmin päivä:)

    täällä laulaa sadepisarat ja kesänodotus käy koville. löysin sentään tänään ensimmäiset sini- ja valkovuokot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoi ohoi Hanna,

    Kuulostaa niin nätille siellä ja mukavaa, jos kätesi ovat kiireiset. Vaaleanpunaiset lappuset tekevät hyvälle mielelle paidan ruutujen kanssa.

    Tikka syö tammessa ja mustarastas hyppii sateisella nurmikolla, Leppiksellä ei vielä ole yhtään vihreää, Tampereella oli eilen jo hiukkasen tummempi sävy!

    Mukavaa viikonloppua sinne Hannalle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oly, you too! and thank you, again and again.

    mieke willems, it sounds good, everything will be fine! thank you girls.

    provins, yes swimming! one of my favourite summer things. i hope you will use your new swimsuit a lot this summer.

    anne, thank you. sometimes a little couragement is very much needed.

    walter helene, yes breathe and breathe! thats important to remember!

    outi, kevätsateita, kevätsateita. kyllä se sieltä tulee se kesä. siellä on varmaan pitempään valosaa ku täällä. se on hurjaa. ja vuokot!

    anna hoi,
    terveiset leppikselle sinne kauas! varmaan vihreää saapuu pian myös sinne. täällä on jo ilta, ja ulkoa tulee sateen tuoksua. linnut on varmaan menneet nukkumaan. minä en taida malttaa ajoissa mennä. voi viihtyisästi siellä anna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks melanie, i found it from a flea market! and i like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh waou!!! happy birthday!!!joyeux anniversaire!!! so you're in TOKYO???
    how long for?we're planning on coming in Oct...
    gini

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks thanks gini. i'm in tokyo! but only until the beginning of august. but so great that you will be coming. it must be nice to visit here in october!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful blog! i love the sweet detail of your shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete